TULSA AREA INDIVIDUALS & FAMILIES: If you have experienced financial hardship because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can request assistance in the online form below. Your request will be received and assessed by a local service provider who can help if you qualify for asisstance. Once you submit the assistance request form on this webpage, you can expect a response in approximately two (2) business days.
IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, a collaborative of community organizations have established the Tulsa Area COVID-19 Response Fund, dedicated to increasing resilience among the region’s most vulnerable individuals and families.
THIS FUND WILL SUPPORT LOCAL NONPROFIT AGENCIES addressing the needs of individuals experiencing COVID-19 related hardship primarily due to:
Lost income, or
Unexpected household expenses.
IT IS DESIGNED TO RAPIDLY DEPLOY RESOURCES to trusted community-based organizations working on the frontlines of the Tulsa area’s COVID-19 response, and who have expertise and relationships with families in need.
If you need help related to COVID-19 that is not associated with this fund, please dial 2-1-1 to reach 211 Eastern Oklahoma, the region’s official COVID-19 helpline operated by the Community Service Council in partnership with the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
• Financial assistance with current or past due utility bill payments
• Financial assistance with current or past due rent payments
• Financial assistance with obtaining non-narcotic prescription medications
• Referrals for food and other household needs
If you need immediate assistance with other needs, please contact 211 Eastern Oklahoma by dialing 2-1-1 (anytime, 24/7) to be connected to a specialist. You may also text your ZIP code to 877-836-2111 for live text assistance, or visit 211EOK.org for live chat or to search our online assistance directory.
• Financial assistance is available if your situation is related to the COVID-19 pandemic and you live in Tulsa County or the greater City of Tulsa area including: Berryhill, Bixby, Broken Arrow, Collinsville, Catoosa, Glenpool, Jenks, Liberty, Oakhurst, Owasso, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Skiatook, Sperry, Tulsa, or Turley.
• US Citizenship is not required to apply for assistance.
• If requesting financial assistance with rent, utilities or non-narcotic prescription medication, you must be able to document lost wages/loss of income or financial crisis due to the impact of COVID-19 occurring on or after March 1, 2020.
• If you are receiving COVID-19 related unemployment benefits or government stimulus checks, you may also request assistance from this fund.
• You may be eligible to receive financial assistance even if you have been helped by other nonprofits if you have had a financial crisis as a result of COVID-19 and are unable to pay your household expenses.
• At this time, you may only receive assistance from this fund one time for each eligible expense.
• Submit the online request form on this webpage to tell us why you need assistance and what you need.
• A confirmation email will be sent to let you know your request has been received.
• If you are requesting financial assistance with rent, utilities and non-narcotic prescription medication expenses, you will need to submit several documents by uploading them to an online file-sharing site called Dropbox. We will send you an email with a link to a personal folder on this site created just for you to upload copies/pictures of your ID and supporting documents that show your financial hardship.
• COVID-19 Response Hub staff will review the documents you submit through the Dropbox folder, and eligible requests will be referred to a partner service provider to verify balance due and approve payments of expenses.
• Rent and utilities payments will be made directly to landlords and utility service providers.
• Requests for non-narcotic prescription medication assistance will be referred to a partner service provider for processing.
• If your request has been referred to a partner service provider, you may be contacted if additional information is needed.
• You will receive a confirmation email when payments are approved.
• When you submit your request, the below message will appear at the top of the form on your screen. This notice will also provide a link to download the “consent for service” form you signed.
• If the below message does not appear, your request was not received and you should re-submit the online request form.
We understand your situation is urgent – we are doing our best to ensure that all inquiries are handled as quickly as possible. You should receive an immediate confirmation that your request has been received (by email and at the top of your screen after you submit the form) and a follow-up email within two (2) business days.
Yes. Our staff is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so applications cannot be accepted in person. If you do not have access to the internet, please dial 2-1-1 for assistance that may be available through other service providers.
Yes, you will need to have access to an email address. If you do not have an email and do not have access to an email account, please dial 2-1-1 for assistance that may be available through other service providers.
If you are requesting financial assistance, you will need to provide several types of documentation. After you submit the online request form on this webpage, we will email you instructions on how to submit your documentation. If you have given permission to be contacted by text, you will also receive instructions by text.
HOW IT WORKS: You will submit your documents by uploading them to an online file-sharing site called Dropbox. We will send you an email with a link to a personal folder on this site created just for you to upload your documents. Please begin gathering and taking clear pictures or preparing scanned copies of your documents so you are ready to submit them. Click below for a list of what documents to submit depending on the type of assistance you are requesting.
There are three ways to make copies or pictures of your documents:
1) Use your phone’s camera to take a picture of your photo ID, check stubs, bills or other documents;
2) If you have access to a printer that scans, you can scan documents and save them as a PDF on your computer;
3) If you receive a rent notice or utility bill by email, download the rent notice or utility bill and save the file to your computer to upload.
NOTE: All documents must be readable. If images are blurry or hard to read, you may be asked to resubmit documents.
After you submit the assistance request form on this webpage, you will receive an email with a secure link to a personal Dropbox folder we created just for you to send in copies/pictures of your documents. If you have given permission to be contacted by text, you will also the receive the link by text.
Example of what the link to your Dropbox folder will look like…
HOW TO UPLOAD
• Click on Choose from computer to add your documents.
• You can add files from your computer (as pictures or PDFs), or by taking pictures of the documents with your phone, and then uploading them to your Dropbox folder from your phone. There will be instructions on your screen you can follow.
• NOTE: If you are intending to upload your documents from a computer but you took pictures of your documents with your phone, open your email on your phone, and email the photos you took from your phone to yourself, and then save them from your email to your computer for easy uploading to the Dropbox folder. You can also upload pictures directly from your phone to your Dropbox folder.
• Click +Add more files to continue adding copies/pictures of your documents.
• You do not need to add all documents at the same time – the link to your Dropbox folder will remain active until you are ready to submit.
• When you are ready to submit the copies/pictures of your documents, complete the information with your first and last name and email address.
• Click UPLOAD to submit your documents.
• You can reopen the link and add additional files, however multiple uploads may cause a delay in processing your request.
• Please upload all documents within seven (7) days of receiving the link to your Dropbox folder.
• If you take longer than seven days to send in copies/pictures of your documents, it may result in your request being closed.
• NOTE: Information uploaded in your Dropbox folder can only be accessed by COVID-19 Response Hub staff for the purpose of coordinating services. If you are concerned about the security of information you have on your computer or phone, it would be advisable to delete the pictures or files after you have uploaded information to your Dropbox folder.