Community Service Council was grateful to have such a widespread response from our community for Tulsa Area United Way’s Annual Day of Caring on Sept. 14, 2018. We had dozens of volunteers from multiple organizations respond to our requests for support. Tulsa World covered one of our volunteer projects involving homelessness outreach at the Denver Downtown Bus Station. Read the Tulsa World article featuring our Housing & Homelessness Team >
Following are the incredible organizations who volunteer their time to make a lasting difference for Tulsa:
- WIlliams volunteers helped CSC’s Housing & Homelessness Team conduct outreach to individuals experiecing housing crises at the Denver Downtown Bus Station;
- Williams volunteers also helped out at our main office location painting walls to freshen up our community meeting spaces;
- iConnect | iShip volunteers, a subsidiary of UPS, helped clean chairs that will soon furnish our new community Conference Center.
Additionally, five more teams of volunteers responded to our requests for support for several of our partner child care centers across Tulsa:
- Tulsa Community College at Jenks Early Childhood Center;
- Dentsply Sirona Endodontics at Sandite Child Development Center;
- Equian at Jackie Evans Family Childcare;
- ONEOK, Inc. at Pine Premier Child Care;
- Robert Half Technology at Lena Riser Child Care.