Winter Storm Assistance

Para traducir el sito  web al español haga clic en el botón SELECCIONAR IDIOMA en la esquina inferior derecha de la pantalla.

211 Eastern Oklahoma serves as a connection hub to thousands of resources for people who need help and don’t know where to turn. This webpage is updated regularly to serve as a one-stop clearinghouse to announce new resources and services as the information becomes available to us. Our mission is to quickly connect those in need with the nearby services that can help. The updates on this webpage are also reflected in the information our call specialists give to Oklahomans who dial 2-1-1, and in our 211 Online Directory.

211EOK Online Directory 


If you live in one of the counties below and need assistance with accessing a computer or completing applications, you can go to your local library for help. Libraries have been approved by FEMA to help Oklahomans upload documents needed for their FEMA application for disaster aid. You can apply for assistance or check the status of your application at your local library. Learn more >

The 16 eligible counties for library help are Canadian, Carter, Cherokee, Comanche, Cotton, Hughes, Jefferson, Le Flore, McIntosh, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Pittsburg, Stephens, Tulsa and Wagoner.

City of Tulsa Assistance

Plumbing Repair Grants

The City’s Working in Neighborhoods (WIN) Department has received aid from HUD to be able to provide grants of up to $5,000 to assist homeowners with emergency plumbing repairs related to the recent cold snap.

To qualify, eligible homeowners who meet HUD’s income guidelines must complete an application and return it to the City of Tulsa/WIN for review and verification. .

Residents can also call (918) 576-5552 to request an application or to ask questions. Applications can be returned by:

  • Email:  
  • Fax: (918) 699-3239
  • Mail: City of Tulsa, Attn: WIN Housing, 175 E. 2nd St, Suite 480, Tulsa, OK 74103 
  • In Person: City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 175 E. 2nd St. on the 2nd floor (main entrance)

Plumbing Repair Application 

Courtesy Leak Program

In anticipation of some Tulsa water customers who could see higher utility bills due to water leaks on private lines, the City of Tulsa has a courtesy credit for qualifying water leak events. Though not all events qualify, some do. If approved, qualifying Tulsa water customers will receive a credit in future utility bills. 

Tulsa water customers who receive, or expect to see, higher water bills as the result of a water leak can setup a payment arrangement plan until their credit request is reviewed and/or granted. Customers needing to setup payment plans can call 311 to speak to a Customer Care representative or use the automated phone system by calling (918) 596-9511 to arrange equal monthly installments for 30, 60 or 90 days.

Learn More & Apply 

OEM Survey

Oklahoma Emergency Management (OEM) has created the below survey to help local authorities understand locations impacted by disaster. Please fill out the survey more than once if you have sustained damage to homes, businesses, or agriculture in the same location. This survey is not an application for assistance. Contact information will be used in order to inform the public of resources available as well as how to apply. Please note, this report is strictly for reporting damage or loss of personal property. Utility outages should still be reported to your local utility provider. Continue to use 911 for any emergency needs.

OEM Damage Report 

Oklahoma VOAD Survey

Oklahoma VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) is collecting information on those impacted by the recent winter storm to assess the extent of damage throughout our community. Anyone who needs financial help with repair costs, shelter, legal help between renters and landlords or those having problems with their insurance claims are encouraged to fill out this form to apply for potential assistance. 

VOAD Damage Survey

FEMA Assistance

The deadline was approved to be extended from April 12, 2021 to May 25, 2021.

Individuals and business owners who were financially impacted and sustained losses as a result of the winter weather that occurred between Feb. 9, 2021, and Feb. 20, 2021, can begin applying for assistance through FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency). Register for assistance online at or by calling 1-800-621-3362 or 1-800-462-7585.

FEMA Oklahoma Severe Winter Storm Webpage 

Oklahoma homeowners and renters in the 16 counties designated for individual assistance who sustained damage may now apply for disaster assistance with FEMA. The counties are Canadian, Carter, Cherokee, Comanche, Cotton, Hughes, Jefferson, Le Flore, McIntosh, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Pittsburg, Stephens, Tulsa, and Wagoner. 

Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs; low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses; other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster. Oklahomans with uninsured losses should apply for FEMA Individual Assistance as soon as possible. Residents whose homes are insured should file their insurance claims prior to applying with FEMA.

How to Apply for FEMA Assistance  What FEMA May Cover  More Tips on Applying for Help  Virtual FEMA Inspections 

If you have insurance and are applying for disaster assistance, you must also file a claim with your insurance company as soon as possible. By law, FEMA cannot duplicate benefits for losses covered by insurance. If insurance does not cover all your damage, you may be eligible for federal assistance.

Cherokee Nation Plumbing Assistance

In February 2021, the Cherokee Nation experienced a winter weather event that created several emergency issues. Many citizens were impacted by frozen or burst water pipes. Completing this assessment information allows Cherokee Nation staff to assess damage to citizen owned primary residence located in the 14-county reservation.

Cherokee Nation Plumbing Assessment 

U.S. SBA Assistance

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering services and resources to those impacted by the winter storm. Low-interest disaster loans from the SBA are available to businesses, homeowners and renters. 

SBA has established a Virtual Disaster Loan Outreach Center that is open Mondays – Fridays, 8 am to 8 pm EST. You can contact an SBA customer service representative via email at or by phone at 800-659-2955. SBA will answer specific questions about how a disaster loan may help each survivor recover from the disaster damage and will provide one-on-one assistance in completing applications for these loans. You can apply online at

Winter Weather Disaster Declaration – Discussion and Benefits Review 

Oklahoma Small Business Development Centers (OKSBDCs) 
In response to the severe winter storms in Oklahoma, OKSBDCs are providing the following services to help small businesses impacted by the disaster (no charge for any services): 

  • Counseling for financial, accounting, marketing and other post-disaster challenges 
  • Management and technical assistance 
  • Business planning to help business owners re-establish their operations and plan for their future 
  • Help in reconstructing damaged or destroyed business records 
  • Assistance with updating or rewriting business plans 
  • Assistance with accessing government contracts and procurement related to the disaster 

To learn more about these free services, contact an OKSBDC by email at, visit the Oklahoma OKSBDC website or visit America’s nationwide network of OKSBDCs website

Disaster Assistance Loans 
The U.S. SBA is offering low-interest disaster loans to non-farm businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters who suffered losses caused by severe winter storms that occurred February 8 through 20, 2021. Counties covered include Canadian, Carter, Cherokee, Comanche, Cotton, Hughes, Jefferson, Le Flore, McIntosh, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Pittsburg, Stephens, Tulsa, Wagoner.

For Individuals and Families: 

  • Homeowners: up to $200,000 to repair or replace real estate damage and up to $40,000 to replace personal property. 
  • Renters: up to $40,000 to repair or replace personal property. 

For Businesses: 

  • Property Damage: up to $2,000,000 to repair or replace real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other assets that were damaged or destroyed (available to businesses of any size and private, non-profit organizations). 
  • Economic Injury: only for small businesses and most private non-profit organizations suffering adverse financial impacts of the disaster (with or without property loss), up to $2,000,000 for working capital to help pay obligations until normal operations resume.

Legal Aid

Legal aid is available for Oklahoma winter storm survivors. Find more information on the website: 

Legal Aid Disaster Resource Center