Family Health Coalition
The health of a community can be determined, in some measure, by the health of its babies. The United States ranks well below other industrialized and some developing countries in the rate of babies who die before their first birthday. Oklahoma ranks poorly in most indicators of maternal and infant health.
In 1987, the Community Service Council formed the Family Health Coalition (originally named the Tulsa Area Coalition on Perinatal Care) to address access to prenatal care and poor birth outcomes. The Family Health Coalition is committed to working together through broad-based community representation to optimize the health and well-being of uninsured, underinsured and Medicaid enrolled women of childbearing age, infants and families by establishing a system of universal and comprehensive quality health education, prevention, services and support. Read about the Coalition's history and accomplishments.
The Coalition's current work includes:
- Training Institute: CHAT-TI
- Tulsa County Wellness Partnership
- Social marketing campaigns - videos, podcasts, publications
- Training for professionals in maternal/infant health
- Bridges Out of Poverty training
The Coalition is a participating partner in:
- Tulsa Healthy Start
- Tulsa Fetal Infant Mortality Review (FIMR)
- Pathways to Health
- Healthcare Transformation
Recommended information sources:
- SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Family health
- Institute of Medicine Report: Clinical Preventive Services for Women
- 2014 FHC Newsletters - January, February, March, April, June, July, August, September, November
- 2013 FHC Newsletters - January, February, March, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- 2012 FHC Newsletters - January, February, March, May, July, August, September, October, November
- 2012 Free Clinic Coalition directory and cover
View the full agenda HERE, and register today!
Learn about event sponsorship opportunities HERE.
Looking back: FHC Archives -- publications, materials, past training, news
Tulsa service professionals, please join the Coalition...
Laura Ross-White, email@example.com
Other CSC initiatives, programs and sponsored groups